Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of common questions that our clients ask us. If you need more information don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
How often should my lawn be mowed?
- By far the most common question we’re asked, the answer is that there is no easy answer. Mowing frequency will depend on many factors, but the important thing to remember is to never trim more than 1/3 the height of the grass to avoid creating bald spots on your yard.
Is tree pruning necessary?
- For many outdoor spaces, tree pruning is not technically necessary, but there are plenty of benefits to trim on an annual basis. It will reduce risk of injuries, provide a bigger yield for fruit trees, and keep your trees in the best possible health.
Can I water my lawn normally or do I need sprinklers?
- While many people choose to water their lawn with a standard garden hose, a modern sprinkler installation can help conserve water and avoid over watering or under watering situations. For a professional assessment, give us a call.
How long will concrete paving stones last?
- Depending on the quality, you can expect paving stones for decades if they are well maintained. At Fast Path Ltd, we only use the highest quality of pavers and will leave extra stones at your property for easy replacement.
I want a level yard. Is it possible to remove ridges?
- It is possible, but should definitely be done by a licensed professional. Simply digging and moving sod often affects grass growth and is an easy recipe for a spotty yard. We’ll lift the sod and level by inserting sand or topsoil underneath.
How much do your landscaping maintenance plans cost?
- We treat all of our St. John’ s customers on a case by case basis and we’ll create a personalized quote depending on the size of your space, mowing frequency, and the other services that are needed, like shrub trimming, edging, and leaf blowing.